Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New and Exciting Projects!

After being generously given a variety of shell casings by a friend, I've been working out how to use them in an interesting way. As I'd seen several pens before, I decided to try my hand at it. Silly me chose not to hunt down a how-to and instead muddled through on my own. It's not the best looking thing around, but it's mine and I did manage not to kill anyone while making it.

I used the brass spent round (of course), a pen kit I found at The Unclaimed Baggage Center in Scottsboro, two Vintaj filigree charms, some copper sheeting and wire, and some black craft chain. If I do this again, I will definitely try one that requires a cap instead of using a twist mechanism!

It still needs some cleaning as there's some visible glue and epoxy, but here are the preliminary pics:

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment