Tuesday, July 24, 2012

There's a Fine Line - Ch 04 is Live!

In line with their recent speediness, Literotica has posted Chapter 4 of There's a Fine Line about 24 hours earlier than expected. If you'd like to leave a comment or vote, check it out over there. If you prefer the blog, I've posted it here as well. I like comments, so feel free to scribble here even if you hated it...or especially if you hated it. It's the only way I'll learn. This is the first opportunity to see Malphas in his true form as well as get a hint as to his plans for Alicia.

I'm almost finished with Chapter 9 and I know it will cause several issues and potentially lose me a lot of readers. Therefore, I'm going to take this opportunity to say that, in my world, bad guys are bad. Sometimes just a little bad; sometimes a lot bad. And then there are those that fall into the "make your skin crawl, take a shower in battery acid to remove the disgusting feeling" bad. Malphas and his crew fall under that last umbrella of bad. They are demons. They are evil. They will do things that are extremely unpleasant to read (just as they were disturbingly unpleasant to write). Never believe that all bad guys are simply misunderstood. Some bad guys are pure evil and enjoy being evil and wallow in their evil. My demons are that kind of bad. You are warned.

In other news, I've joined a few other writing sites in the hopes of making my writing better. I'll be applying some of what I'm learning to (at least) Chapter 09. I might go back and rework earlier chapters if I have time or may simply go forward. I haven't decided yet. A lot will depend on any kind of writing block - if I get stuck, that would be an excellent time to review/edit an older chapter to get me back into the flow. Hopefully, the writing will have changed for the better. I'd hate to think it'd get worse lol

No comments:

Post a Comment