Friday, November 30, 2012

Lookit! Lookit!

Yup, I was sweating it these past few days but the label on the right does not lie - I made my 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo. I am slightly disappointed that the story I had planned to do wasn't the one I ended up working on; however, that story is still there in my head and I think it will evolve better once I can focus on it and not a deadline.

What I ended up working on is a paranormal romance involving an entirely new world of shifters, meaning these have nothing to do with The Other Half or There's a Fine Line. Entitled Embrace the Wolf, it centers around a young woman who was forcibly turned and then traumatized by a rogue pack. After living alone and in wolf form for nearly five years, she meets a pack totally unlike what she's seen before which enables her to heal. Doesn't hurt that the alpha is attractive and has an enticingly delicious scent, either. This story will not go on Literotica as it isn't suitable for that audience. It's not going to be an erotic story and it does have some dragons lurking in some corners. It may go on Amazon as a self-published story unless I decide to shop it around to some publishers. I'm not sure yet.

The Bokkenrijder Curse is not getting cancelled. It is still a project near and dear to my heart but I was simply overwhelmed by Felicity's story and how easily it flowed. Once Fine Line is through, I will return to the Bokkenrijders.

Which brings me to my final point. With two projects on the horizon that are unsuitable for Literotica publication, I'll be taking a short hiatus from the site (unless something just begs to be written). Fine Line should wrap up 99% of the loose ends from both of the stories in that world, leaving only a few tales that could be told but aren't necessary to enjoy the original stories. I'm not completely leaving the site, but I have stories that want to be written that simply aren't a good fit for such a site. Just bear with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment