Tuesday, December 4, 2012

TaFL - Update

As you might have noticed, there is now an actual word count in the Chapter 13 box of the Fine Line posting schedule. Yup, I've been working feverishly on it for the past few days in an effort to get back on track. This chapter is slightly shorter than some of my others but I did want to get something out there instead of leaving everyone hanging for even longer. There will be one new character introduced that I hope hasn't come across as too "out there." He is an important part of the story on many levels but I don't want him to become a caricature or comic bookish. I may need to add more to the chapter for it to make sense which may affect the proposed posting date. It's all dependent on how the beta readers feel about it as it now stands. I may do a teaser prior to editing if the beta readers' comments come back as favorable.

Chapter 14 is next on the agenda as some of it is already written (was going to use it in another chapter but it didn't fit - it totally fits now, though). I hope to complete three to four chapters fairly soon so that I can get another backlog of finished and edited chapters and thus avoid a second delay in posting. I'm still going to try to work on Embrace the Wolf, my NaNovel that wasn't supposed to be, during this but Fine Line will have priority until it's finished. Sitting at a revised 37.6K words and only four chapters in, it still has a long way to go before it's ready for release.

So, yeah, that's the update for the day. At least it's something, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment