Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Purchase The Other Half!

You can buy The Other Half


Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, I'll babble at you a bit and then provide the pretty little links. My precious.

I had high hopes for my release date, perhaps too high. I wanted a solid date where the book was released across all platforms simultaneously so that folks could get it from whatever location was available. Yeah, that didn't happen.

  • From CreateSpace to Amazon - it says the listing could take as long as 5-7 days.
  • From Smashwords to the other retailers like Barnes & Nobles, Apple, Kobo, etc - they only push on Thursday/Friday and that's only after you get approved for the premium catalogue which can take 1-2 weeks. If you unpublish your ebook, that starts the cycle over for the approval to premium/push.
  • Publishing to Amazon (ebook) takes a minimum of 12 hours and it may not link up with your physical book immediately.


So, what does this mean? It means in order for everything to actually be available by the first of July, the files have to be up early. I looked at the worst case scenarios and spent all day yesterday converting the files, uploading them, publishing them, screaming profanities, etc. They are now up and available for purchase (yay!) from the following locations:

Amazon (Kindle)
Amazon (paperback)
CreateSpace (paperback)
Smashwords (ebook in all formats)

As soon as I get a direct link for Barnes & Noble, I'll post it. It may take a couple of weeks. You can get the epub format from Smashwords.

I also plan to do an "official" launch with goodies around July 1st, so watch this space!

Thank you everyone for all the support I've experienced thus far. It does make me smile.
*runs around giving indiscriminate hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment